The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Science & Technology Directorate (S&T) presents their video short on the DETER Testbed, also known as DeterLab.
DETER allows for cybersecurity researchers from around the globe to run their cyber experiments – test, evaluate response, and discover ‘best solutions’ – in a self-contained virtual Internet lab that is representative of the complexity and scale of the actual Internet.
For a fully keyboard-accessible alternative to this video, view it in Chrome or on any Android or iOS device,
view it in Firefox with the YouTube ALL HTML5 add-on installed, or disable Flash in Internet Explorer.
Watch and listen to testimonials from the following leaders and researchers in Cybersecurity that speak to DETER’s value.
• Terry Benzel – Deputy Division Director, Internet and Networked Systems, USC Information Sciences Institute / DETER Principal Investigator
• Luke Berndt – Former DETER Program Manager, DHS S&T Cyber Security Division
• Sandy Clark – Researcher, University of Pennsylvania
• Drew Dean – Former SAFER Program Manager, DARPA
• Daniel Ellard – Senior Network Scientist, Raytheon BBN Technologies Corp
• Cliff Neuman – Director, USC Center for Computer System Security