There is a wealth of additional information about the accomplishment and activities of both the DETER Project and DeterLab experimenters, ranging from peer-reviewed publications to the most current technical briefs.
- The Science of Cyber-Security Experimentation: The DETER Project. Terry Benzel. In Proceedings of the Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC) 2011, Orlando, FL, December 2011.
- The DETER Project: Advancing the Science of Cyber Security Experimentation and Test. Terry Benzel, Jelena Mirkovic, et al. IEEE HST 2010 Conference, Boston, MA, November 2010.
- Current Developments in DETER Cybersecurity Testbed Technology. T. Benzel, B. Braden, T. Faber, J. Mirkovic, S. Schwab, K. Sollins and J. Wroclawski. In Proceedings of the Cybersecurity Applications and Technology Conference for Homeland Security (CATCH) 2009, Washington, DC, March 2009.
Publications: DeterLab Experimenters
In addition to these and other publications of the DETER team, there are many published peer-reviewed papers by researchers who used DeterLab as part of their work — since 2004, over 100 papers describing the results of work performed in DeterLab, plus dozens more technical reports and and other publications, together covering a wide range of security and network research topics.
- Testimony of Terry V. Benzel (transcript), University of Southern Californa Information Sciences Institute, Before the House Science, Space and Technology Subcommittees on Research and Technology (website), Hearing on Cyber R&D Challenges and Solutions (YouTube video), February 26, 2013.
- Beyond Disk Imaging for Preserving User State in Network Testbeds, Jelena Mirkovic, presented at the 5th Cyber Security Experimentation Test (CSET), August 6th 2012.
- Analyzing Resiliency of the Smart Grid Communication Architectures under Cyber Attack, Anas Al Majali, presented at the 5th Cyber Security Experimentation Test (CSET), August 6th 2012.
- DETER, MILS, and Real-Time: DeterLab for Testing Real-Time Embedded System Security, Clifford Neuman, presented at 2012 Semi-Annual Open Group Conference, July 18, 2012.
- NCS Security Experimentation using DETER, Alefiya Hussain and Saurabh Amin. Presented at the Conference on High Confidence Networked Systems (HiCoNS) at CPSWeek (Cyber Physical Systems) 2012, Beijing, China, April 17-18, 2012.
- Keynote Presentation, Terry Benzel, at 2011 Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC).
- DETER Technologies for SAFER, Terry Benzel, presented at DARPA SAFER Discussion Visit, SRI International, July 15th 2011.
- DETER Cyber-Security Research Testbed, presented at USENIX Security 2011 Poster Session.
- DETERProject YouTube Channel
- DeterLab YouTube Channel
- Elevating the Science of Cyber-Security, a video on DETER’s mission to advance cyber-security
- DETER Summer 2011 Newsletter
- DETER Summer 2010 Newsletter
- DETER Fall 2010 Newsletter
- DETER Winter 2010 Newsletter
- DETER Spring 2009 Newsletter
- DETER Summer 2009 Newsletter
- DETER Fall 2009 Newsletter
More >> DETER in the News