- The Science of Cyber-Security Experimentation: The DETER Project. Terry Benzel. In Proceedings of the Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC) '11, Orlando, FL, December 2011.
- The DETER Project: Advancing the Science of Cyber Security Experimentation and Test. Jelena Mirkovic, Terry V. Benzel, Ted Faber, Robert Braden, John T. Wroclawski and Stephen Schwab. In Proceedings of the IEEE HST '10 Conference, Waltham, MA, November 2010.
- DeterLab Community
- DeterLab Team
- Testimony of Terry V. Benzel (transcript), University of Southern Californa Information Sciences Institute, Before the House Science, Space and Technology Subcommittees on Research and Technology (website), Hearing on Cyber R&D Challenges and Solutions (YouTube video), February 26, 2013.
- Beyond Disk Imaging for Preserving User State in Network Testbeds, Jelena Mirkovic, presented at the 5th Cyber Security Experimentation Test (CSET), August 6th 2012.
- Analyzing Resiliency of the Smart Grid Communication Architectures under Cyber Attack, Anas Al Majali, presented at the 5th Cyber Security Experimentation Test (CSET), August 6th 2012.
- DETER, MILS, and Real-Time: DeterLab for Testing Real-Time Embedded System Security, Clifford Neuman, presented at 2012 Semi-Annual Open Group Conference, July 18, 2012.
- NCS Security Experimentation using DETER, Alefiya Hussain and Saurabh Amin. Presented at the Conference on High Confidence Networked Systems (HiCoNS) at CPSWeek (Cyber Physical Systems) 2012, Beijing, China, April 17-18, 2012.
- Keynote Presentation, Terry Benzel, at 2011 Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC).
- DETER Technologies for SAFER, Terry Benzel, presented at DARPA SAFER Discussion Visit, SRI International, July 15th 2011.
- DETER Cyber-Security Research Testbed, presented at USENIX Security 2011 Poster Session.
Citations - DETER / DeterLab: Page coming soon.
- Cyber War Games – PBS NOVA host David Pogue meets with cyber security experts at DETER, who teach him about a common Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack. Researchers from all over the world use DeterLab -- an emulated Internet -- to test new methodologies for improving cyber security, with an aim to avert a 'Cyber Pearl Harbor'.
- DETER: Elevating the Science of Cyber-Security – DeterLab testbed offers cybersecurity researchers a sealed-off mini-Internet to cyberdefense technology in a controlled environment.
- Creating a Network Topology, using the web-based graphical interface for DeterLab. [Note: For best viewing experience of this tutuorial, please ensure that the Quality Setting is set to 720p HD.]
- DETER Summer 2011 Newsletter
- DETER Summer 2010 Newsletter
- DETER Fall 2010 Newsletter
- DETER Winter 2010 Newsletter
- DETER Spring 2009 Newsletter
- DETER Summer 2009 Newsletter
- DETER Fall 2009 Newsletter
More >> DETER in the News